A web-based document and process management system developed specifically for the needs of conservation experts and conservation departments at galleries and museums.
Sirma Conservation Space is the commercially supported and cloud-based version of the open-source ConservationSpace project of the National Gallery of Art (USA) with the support of The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation. A brief history of the project is available here.
Project partners: The Courtauld Institute of Art, Denver Art Museum, Indianapolis Museum of Art, National Gallery of Denmark (SMK), Yale University Art Gallery. The software is developed by Sirma, based on the Sirma Enterprise Platform. The Mellon Foundation approved another grant for development of R3 over two years (2017-2019) that will further improve the system. The R3 grant will also support implementation at several conservation schools in the USA.
Since this is an open-source project there are no license fees and no limitation on the number of users. Your organization would only pay for hosting and support as well as for any integration and customization services. Cloud hosting fees are proportionate to the size of your database (cultural objects, documents, etc.) and the actual computing and communication bandwidth used.
- Simplified processes – less work, not more
- Efficiency and automation
- Discoverability of information and artifacts
- Document preservation
- Traceability of changes
- Collaboration and recorded annotations
- Work organization and tracking of projects and conservation activities with management reporting
- Conservation documentation and records management – semantic search, access control, versioning, history logs, published records
- Examination of a single cultural object
- Examination of multiple objects
- Treatment reports
- Review and approval workflows
- Configurable individual working styles and templates
- Configurable institutional policies and procedures
- Open-source and web-based
- Open enterprise integration – CMS, DAM, Email
- Hosted multi-tenant cloud environment
- Flexible and configurable semantic/graph data models (ontologies)
- High data security and resilience
- Advanced imaging tools with annotation
- Intelligent documents and format-agnostic uploaded content
Mirador Imaging with Annotation
Treatment Report with Comments
Scientific Analysis Information
Review and Approve Workflow
Please contact us for more information.